Japan announces toxic danger as severity level raises from one to three at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant.
The severity level has increased due to a major toxic leak, where radioactive water breached a steel storage tank & went in to the ground making this situation environmentally harmful.
- Fukushima Nuclear Plant Facing New Disaster (readersupportednews.org)
- Fukushima radioactive water leak not to affect Olympic bid: Suga (english.kyodonews.jp)
- Massive leak of highly contaminated water (theguardian.com)
- Fukushima leak now ‘serious incident’ (bigpondnews.com)
- Tank where toxic water leaked may have been deformed: TEPCO (english.kyodonews.jp)